Cambridge University is one of the most prestigious universities in the world and a top destination for getting a Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree. However, many applicants cannot afford the program’s tuition fee, making securing a Cambridge University MBA Scholarship the only option.
If you are searching for MBA scholarships available in Cambridge for the 2023 session, then you are on the right page.
We would discuss the scholarships offered by the Cambridge Judge Business School (CJBS) to Master’s students, how to apply for them, requirements, and provide other vital details about them.
We know you cannot wait any longer to begin your application, so let’s start.
How Does The Cambridge University MBA Scholarships Work
Before we list and discuss the available MBA scholarships in Cambridge, you should know how the school’s scholarship system works. The school offers several opportunities to its MBA students every year before the commencement of a new academic session.
This implies that you must have applied and be selected as a beneficiary under a scholarship program before resumption. Otherwise, you should not anticipate payment of funds during an academic session.
The scholarships are also awarded based on different criteria and requirements, including nationality, academic achievements, work experience, etc. Every scholarship offered by Cambridge MBA falls into one of the following categories:
- Funded scholarships with no formal application
- Funded scholarships with a formal application process
- Scholarships funded by external sources
- School Bursaries
Funded Scholarships With No Formal Application
These sets of scholarships are offered by Cambridge Judge Business School (CJBS) to specific individuals considering their academic and technical brilliance. The school’s scholarship committee will invite eligible candidates for an interview without a formal application.
After the interview, successful candidates will be informed of the scholarship status and awarded accordingly. The following are available Cambridge University MBA Scholarships that fall in this group:
The Cambridge MBA Scholarship for Regional Diversity
This scholarship is awarded to pre-chosen students from countries targeted by the Cambridge Scholarship committee from Southeast Asia, Central and South America, the Caribbean, Africa, Central Asia, Western Asia (Middle East), and Eastern Europe. It is directed towards improving the diversity and inclusive nature of the Cambridge MBA.
Students from Southeast Asia, Central and South America, the Caribbean, Africa, Central Asia, Western Asia (Middle East), and Eastern Europe
- 5 successful applicants will be awarded up to £32 000 as a cut-off from the tuition fee
- Maintain an excellent undergraduate performance and high GMAT score
- This scholarship does not require any formal process since the admission committee directly contacts applicants.
The deadline for this Scholarship is 17 April 2023.
The Cambridge MBA Scholarship For Professional Diversity
This is awarded based on work experience to employees in sectors not well-represented in the business industry. Note that your sector can belong to any disciple, but your daily work activities must contribute to business growth and development in general.
Employees in the Arts, Culture, Media, Social Enterprise, and even those running a family business
- 5 successful applicants will be awarded up to £32 000 as a cut-off from the tuition fee
- Maintain an excellent undergraduate performance, and a high GMAT score
- Beneficiaries must hold an ambassadorship with Cambridge and work closely with the appropriate teams.
- Although some applicants would be automatically considered and contacted for an interview by the scholarship committee, you can apply during any of the five rounds.
- Every round, a successful candidate is chosen to get the scholarship's final five (5) beneficiaries.
The deadline is 17 April 2023.
Note: There are other closed scholarships under this group that you may apply for during the next academic session:
- The Cambridge Judge Dean’s Scholarship for Outstanding Academic Achievement
- The Cambridge MBA Professor Nick Oliver Scholarship for UK Nationals
- The Cambridge MBA Scholarship for Entrepreneurs
- The Cambridge MBA Scholarship for Technology Advancement
Funded Scholarships With A Formal Application Process
This is the type of scholarship many of us are used to; drafting those boring long application letters and waiting for weeks anticipating a positive response. However, Cambridge decided to make applying for its scholarship more interesting, as only videos are acceptable.
You must have completed your online registration for the Master’s program before proceeding to apply for any scholarship. Nonetheless, the school will assess the credentials submitted during registration, and only successful applicants will be given
details on how to submit their videos.
The Forté Foundation Fellowship
This scholarship is open to only female applicants and awarded to just 5 successful applicants. The five awards are spread across the 5 rounds involved in the scholarship process.
Female applicants to the Cambridge MBA program
- Each successful applicant gets up to £32 000 as a tuition reduction
- Merit is based on academic achievements and the quality of the skills (talents) shown in the submitted video.
- Application is through the submission of video content through the Kira platform. You will be given full details about your submission if you scale through the initial selection and are contacted.
The deadline for application is 17 April 2023
Other scholarships in this category have closed but can be applied for during the next academic session. They are:
- The Cambridge MBA Scholarship for Military Veterans
- The Cambridge MBA Professor Jochen Runde Scholarship for South African Nationals 6
Scholarships Funded By External Sources
The two sets of scholarships we discussed earlier are mostly funded by Cambridge or in partnership with another body. However, the school also offers scholarship opportunities funded by external sources to interested candidates.
St Catharine's Benavitch Scholarship for Cambridge MBA students
Persons with a first-class degree from any UK university or GPA of 3.7 (or its equivalent)
- 5 Successful applicants will receive a sum of £15 000
- Applicants must have been admitted before the deadline
- Applicants must possess a GMAT of at least 700
- Applicants must have two years of post-graduate work experience
- Applicants must indicate St Catharine as their preferred college and apply as a member of the college
- Applicants would submit a 300-word long essay on how they would contribute to business and societal growth
- After completing your admission into the Cambridge Judge Business School (CJBS), inform your admission coordinator of your interest following the requirements.
- Application for this scholarship must be considered in rounds one or two.
The application deadline is February 2023.
Boustany Foundation Scholarship
Boustany Foundation offers students with excellent academic achievements and great individual attributes the opportunity to study at Cambridge. The scholarship is awarded once every two years and covers about 75% of the tuition fee for a year (12 months).
The eligibility for this Scholarship is Worldwide, although applicants from Lebanon have high priority.
- This Scholarship covers 75% of the tuition fee for a year.
- Coverage of travel and accommodation expenses for the unpaid internship
- Applicants automatically become a member of Pembroke College.
- Applicants must have completed their admission before the deadline
- Applicants must complete an unpaid summer internship program with the organization at the end of the program.
- Interested applicants should apply directly on the Boustany Foundation website.
The deadline for application is 15 May 2023
Sidney Sussex Joyce Coutu and Sidney Sussex Hanadi Jabado Scholarships for Cambridge MBA students
Both Sidney Joyce Coutu and Hanadi Jabado target female applicants interested in studying MBA or entrepreneurship at Cambridge.
Female Students from North America (Sidney Sussex Joyce Coutu)
Female Applicants from Lebanon; Egypt, Jordan, Syria; Bahrain; Kuwait; Oman; Qatar; Turkey; Yemen; Iran; Iraq; Israel; Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates; Afghanistan; Bangladesh; Bhutan; Brunei; Cambodia; China; Hong Kong; India; Indonesia; Japan; Laos; Macau; Malaysia; Maldives; Mongolia; Myanmar; Nepal; North Korea; Pakistan; Philippines; Singapore; South Korea; Sri Lanka (Sidney Sussex Hanadi Jabado).
- 1 successful applicant will be awarded £1000 (Sidney Sussex Joyce Coutu)
- 1 successful applicant will be awarded up to £5000 (Sidney Sussex Hanadi Jabado)
- Applicants must have completed their admission process before the deadline
- Applicant must have obtained a GPA of at least 3.5 (or its equivalent)
- Applicants must obtain at least 680 in their GMAT
- Applicants must register as a member of the colleges depending on the scholarship.
- Applicants must possess two years of full-time post-graduate work experience.
- Applicants must submit a 300-word essay on why they are interested in the program and scholarship.
- Applicants are interested in entrepreneurship (Sidney Sussex Joyce Coutu)
- After completing your admission, inform your admission coordinator of your interest in the scholarship for proper guidance.
This Scholarship’s deadline is 17 April 2023.
The final form of aid is the School Bursaries provided by Cambridge to its students. You can learn more about this on the school’s website.
- Can I get a 100% MBA scholarship?
Getting a 100% MBA scholarship is possible if you have strong academic records and other top skills needed for business development around the globe.
- Can you get a full scholarship to Cambridge?
Although many of the scholarships offered by Cambridge MBA are partly covered, you can still get a full scholarship to the school from other external sources.
- How to fund Cambridge MBA?
Funding is a vital issue in a university like Cambridge on the pricey side. However, you can apply for a scholarship to lessen the stress of obtaining funds to study at Cambridge MBA.
We have looked at every Cambridge University MBA scholarship opportunity you can utilize to make your dream of obtaining a Master’s at the school come true.
You should also endeavor to check the official website of Cambridge Judge Business School (CJBS) to get updates on these scholarships.