30 Best and Fun Things to do in Charleston Sc
While Charleston is renowned for its romantic appeal, world-class dining, shopping, and natural beauty, what draws visitors here is its all-around charm. Charleston, which was established in 1670, has a dynamic culture, a friendly attitude, and a tonne of amazing anecdotes thanks to its long past. Charleston's top activity is to take in the atmosphere of the brick-paved, Spanish moss-covered downtown. And taking a walking tour is the best way to see it all.
The Nathaniel Russell House, Drayton Hall, and Magnolia Plantation & Gardens are just a few examples of the many historic mansions in the area. And the Charleston City Market is the place to go if you want to buy some vacation mementos, like a sweetgrass basket. There are also a few beaches nearby, such Folly Beach and Isle of Palms, that are great for swimming in the summer and strolling in the winter.
Although Charleston isn't the state's capital, residents and the millions of visitors who come here each year agree that it is the best place to learn about the history, entertainment, culture, and art of South Carolina. Here is a list of 30 best and fun things to do in Charleston, South Carolina.
- Visit The Battery: This is one of the most stunning places to see in Charleston and is excellent for family outings. The Battery is among the top attractions in Charleston, South Carolina, due to its rich history. It was built for the artillery battery that was formerly stationed here, but it has now transformed into a lovely promenade. Visitors like taking leisurely strolls in this area to admire the lovely residences. The Battery's White Point Garden is a magnificent area where many military heroes are honored. You must visit The Battery if you need to refuel.
- Zero George: You may engage in a variety of enjoyable activities at this attraction in Charleston, South Carolina, and be astounded by the breathtaking beauty of your surroundings. This isn't just a place to rest between tourist attractions. At Zero George, there are loads of enjoyable activities available, like cooking courses and attending art exhibits. The best location for a romantic supper is The Zero Restaurant + Bar. The personnel would be pleased to accommodate your whims if you require any changes to be made to the arrangements.
- Charleston Walking Tours: Charleston is a living museum with its ancient mansions and cobblestone streets. A walking tour is one of the finest methods to discover the city's history (and ghosts), as well as the importance of its most well-known sites. There are several choices, from general tours of the city's historic center to more specialized trips that investigate paranormal activity, pirates, and art galleries.
- Magnolia Plantation and Gardens: You should enjoy the wonderful scenery and plant life here
- King Street: If you are looking for fun and history, King Street is the right place
- Charleston Farmers Market: Funny as it sounds, you will have so much fun shopping at this market.
- John Pope Antiques: Look out for John Pope’s collections and decorative items here.
- Waterfront Park: This has good visuals for watching boats from the harbor
- Sullivan’s Island: There are amazing sights to see with your family in Sullivan’s Island.
- Husk: Looking for a hearty and delicious meal, here is the right place.
- South Carolina Aquarium: You can appreciate the marine life at this Aquarium; learn about fish and their species.
- Charleston Tea Plantation: Are you a lover of tea and beverages, here is your go-to place.
- French Quarter Inn: The hotels here are amazing for your vacations.
- Charleston Music Hall: Want to see top musical acts, this is one of the best concert venues.
- Folly Beach: This enormous length of coastline, which overlooks the Atlantic and is located 12 miles south of downtown Charleston, is a fantastic day trip destination away from the rush and bustle of city life.
- Charleston Boat Tours: Consider taking a boat excursion to gain a better perspective of the Charleston harbor (and perhaps even see some dolphins). You'll get the opportunity to learn more about the city's maritime heritage in addition to getting some quality time on the water.
- Charleston City Market: It is one of the oldest municipal marketplaces in the nation and has served as a shopping destination since the 1800s. Both locals and tourists browse the market's stalls full of toys, clothing, artwork, leather items, and local mementos as it bustles with activity.
- Rainbow Row: More than a dozen historically significant residences painted in vibrant hues are positioned along East Bay Street in The Battery, close to Waterfront Park, as Rainbow Row.
- Angel Oak: The biggest living oak east of the Mississippi is supposed to be this one. The tree, which is between 300 or 400 years old and shaded an area of almost 20,000 square feet, is thought to be in that age range.
- Isle of Palms County Park: Visitors will enjoy roughly 7 miles of beachfront, which is perfect for swimming, sailing, windsurfing, and sunbathing, about 16 miles east of the city.
- Magnolia Plantation & Gardens: If you're a bigger fan of nature, head to Magnolia Plantation and Gardens.
- Charleston Food Tours: Charleston is well-known for its low country food and plethora of hip eateries.
- Boone Hall Plantation & Gardens: One of six plantations in the Charleston region, Boone Hall Plantation & Gardens was established in 1681.
- Explore Charleston Museum
- Shop at Hampden Clothing
- Tour Middleton Place
- Grab Seafood at The Darling Oyster Bar
- Have a look at the Fort Sumter National Monument
- Visit Patriots Point Naval Maritime Museum
- Go sightseeing at H.L. Hunley Submarine
Frequently Asked Questions
What Should I not Miss in Charleston SC?
When visiting Charleston, you should not miss the Fort Sumter Tours and the Bulldog Ghost & Culinary Walking Tours.
What is Unique to Charleston SC?
Charleston, South Carolina is the first city to own a public college, museum, and playhouse.
Charleston is a great city in North America. There are some cool things visitors shouldn’t miss on a vacation here. This article will show the best things one can do while visiting here.